Wednesday, February 29, 2012

He Liked It, So He Put A Ring On It!!

Saturday, January 14, 2012
Alora (my friend) asked me to go on a drive around 4:00 pm.  We were supposed to go on a double date with her and her boyfriend and Tim and I at 5:00.  Tim was “cutting trees” with his dad.  As Alora and I were driving around she asked if I wanted to go up to Sundance.  When we got up there, we parked and then walked around.  I was not prepared for winter weather at that time!  She was showing me different things around Sundance.  We went down some stairs and started up a path that went onto a bridge near a beautiful pond.  As we were walking up the path we came upon rose petals covering the ground and candles lining the edge.  I stopped right before the rose petals and thought to myself “we can’t be walking here, something is going on..” Alora pushed me from behind.  I carefully walked on the rose petals not wanting to mess up someone’s stuff.  Tim came around from the trees onto the bridge. I still didn’t understand what was going on.  I turned to see if Alora was still behind me and she was back at where the rose petals had started.  Then it hit me! Tim was proposing!  So my natural instinct was to say “No way!”, “You are not doing thing!”, “No way!” over and over again.  Tim met me in the middle of a circle of candles.  Then he said…

I have us standing here in this circle that represents our love.  It is never ending and forever! I love you more than anything! You are the most beautiful girl ever! Nothing would make me happier than to spend the rest of eternity with you.  Chelsea... will you marry me?

I will be marrying my best friend on June 20, 2012!
My Ring!!

Tim and I after, standing in the middle of the circle of candles

2 comments:

  1. I have been waiting to hear the story! Thanks for sharing. The ring is gorgeous--what a romantic guy. Can't wait for June.
    Love,
    Aunt Colleen

    ReplyDelete